Stay informed on history, the latest updates, news, and local San Francisco culture from the Inn at the Presidio.
Category: Pershing Hall
The Presidio has housed a great many men and women during its time as a military enclave. The Inn itself, once known as Pershing Hall (named after General John Pershing) was built in 1903 and was separated into three sections as a fire precaution. When we opened our doors as an Inn, we decided to keep the tradition of honoring noteworthy individuals alive by naming each wing after a general who has served here. Below is a brief look into the lives of three men and how they have made their mark on the history of the Presidio.